May Grant Classes
Join us for the following two grant writing classes in May:
Click on the title to register online
Tuesday, May 9. 4:00 p.m. at the Old Fort Library
Friday, May 12. 3:00 p.m. at the Marion Library
Registration required, limited seating.
Are you new to the field of grantseeking? Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders in this introductory course. We’ll cover the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants, including:
- Who funds nonprofits and what are their motivations.
- What do funders really want to know about the organizations they are interested in funding.
- How do you identify potential funders and make the first approach.
Tuesday, May 16. 4:00 p.m. at the Old Fort Library
Friday, May 19. 3:00 p.m. at the Marion Library
Registration online or call, limited seating.
Ideal for those new to grant proposal writing or in need of a quick refresher. This class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include:
- The basic elements of a proposal.
- The “do’s” and “don’ts” of writing and submitting a proposal.
- How to follow up whether the answer is yes or no.